Are Christians REALLY Persecuted in the U.S?
Is there Christian Persecution in America?
- About Us
- Click here for our report: Is There Christian Persecution in America? Report 2013
- Recent News
We acknowledge that many “Christians” in the United States today have a deserved reputation of being sensitive. An honest appraisal of Christian Persecution in America would conclude that at this time, as a whole, American Christians don’t experience anything even close to what our Brothers and Sisters in other countries endure. Click here for an example of what persecuted Christians endure. PLEASE NOTE: VERY GRAPHIC!
But ask the veteran school teacher Jerry Buell in Florida who was suspended from his job and “investigated” for simply stating his sincerely held beliefs regarding homosexuality on his own personal Facebook page if he was discriminated against. Or how about the man in Missouri, Alaa Alsaegh, who was ran off of the road, stabbed and had a Star of David carved in his back by muslims because he wrote a pro-Israel poem? And some day maybe you will have the opportunity to ask Stephen Ocean and Tite Sufra, two Evangelists in Florida, who were gunned down / murdered with a shotgun for evangelizing how they felt about it. Ask these men and /or their families if these experiences affected them financially, spiritually, physically or mentally and I think each one (if they could), and many, many others like them would tell you yes; there is Christian persecution in America.
But even though history is replete with similar trends, and regardless of provided definitions, explanations (above) or evidence; many, even some who call themselves “Christian”, sneer at the idea of Christian persecution in America.
History Reveals the Trend of Christian Persecution
Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
There are many examples of this but here is an example that occurred in recent history that all should be familiar with. During the 1920’s and early 1930’s, prior to hitler’s rise to power, in some ways Germany was not terribly unlike what America used to be not long ago. But then things began to change….
Hitler entered office with great promises to the people; offering “change they could count on” for things that really didn’t need “changed”.
Today there are striking similarities between modern America and nazi Germany. Are you aware that one of the first things hitler did in his rise to complete control over Germany was to subdue the Christian Church? It was. Before the rise of hitler the Christian Church in Germany was strong. And there were some dear, beloved, courageous saints who did stand up against hitler and his faction; but it was too few too late.
Here are some examples of the “change” that hitler and his government implemented early on to pave the way for the dismantling of Germany, the murder and maiming of millions of innocent people and the dismemberment of the German Christian Church. By the way, most of the churches didn’t disappear; they simply changed their ideology from Christian to state sponsorship. Pastors were told to either comply with statism, step down or be penalized which could and did include hanging.
Just like in America, in Germany these changes were made incrementally. Note how history is indeed repeating itself.
- While prayer in school had been obligatory the people allowed hitler to make it optional. Prayer was removed from America’s public schools in 1962.
- Festivals that had previously been identified as Christian holidays were reclassified with secular names. This has been accomplished all over America.
- They took very aggressive steps to control and intimidate “Pastors” to incorporate and encourage various seemingly harmless pagan worship while discouraging churches from preaching the true Gospel message. Most American churches have already voluntarily surrendered many of their rights by unnecessarily embracing 501 C3 registration and some “churches” in America today incorporate “Christian” yoga, “chrislam” and other pagan religious activities into their programs.
- They took control of public radio not allowing views contrary to theirs to be broad-casted. In America there is movement to restrict Biblical views as “hate speech” as they now do in Canada and some have tried to do in America.
- They supported and promoted Darwinian Evolution to justify the purging of the species. In many schools and universities in America Creation is not even allowed to be introduced as an option.
- In some cases the Christian cross symbol was outlawed and replaced with the German swastika (the swastika didn’t originate with hitler; it had previously been used as a religious symbol for thousands of years). Today many of the largest main stream churches that call themselves “Christian” are practicing and promoting the removal of the cross symbol so as not to offend anyone.
Applying the History of Christian Persecution to the United States Today
Together hitler and his faction did many, many other things that worked to bring distrust among the people (like the DHS “see something say something” program in America).
Like some political leaders today, hitler identified himself as a “Christian” yet his actions were completely contrary to the Bible and true Christianity. It is also important to remember that hitler didn’t act alone in these things. True Christians were pushed aside and others who wanted to be accepted and politically correct helped hitler implement his horrendous policies.
While creating his warped, adverse policies and making them appear main stream in order to accomplish his goals, hitler’s initial focus was directed toward fundamentally dismantling the existing “Christian Church”. He knew that if Germany was to change; the church would have to change first. He didn’t remove the church; he disemboweled it, made it what he wanted it to be (an agent of the state) and called it Christian.
And just like in Germany’s hitler era “christian” churches; some of today’s main stream, American “Christian Church” doesn’t even resemble true Christianity or the Christian Church of early America.
Much of what hitler did was purposed to change the very soul of Germany. By dismantling the existing Christian “church”, replacing church leadership with his minions and altering government social programs, hitler and his faction was able to deliver the change that people were promised they could count on, murder millions and destroy the Germany that once was…
Yet regardless of provided definitions, explanations or evidence many, even some who call themselves “Christian”, sneer at the idea of Christian persecution in America; Even though history is replete with similar trends.
Click here for resources
Christian Persecution in America